Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse

This is another restaurant in West Monroe, Louisiana.  I've eaten here off and on for years, and I especially love their Shrimp Tempura Roll.  I was looking at the reviews on Urban Spoon, and over the summer the reviews were pretty bad.  I did eat here over the summer, and I will say my California Roll smelled off, and I couldn't eat it, so apparently it wasn't just me.  But I've eaten here so much that I had to give them another chance.  And I'm glad I did!

I had the squid salad, and we ordered a mix of various sushi:  California Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Eel Roll, Soft-Shell Crab Roll, and my aunt had gyoza.  The squid salad was great.  Big hunks of squid with cucumbers and stuff (seaweed, I think), in some kind of dressing.  I really can't get more specific, because I'm not entirely sure what's in there.  (HINT:  For an extra tasty treat, get squid salad and seaweed salad, and mix them together.  Very filling too!)   The California Roll was good, although, like most sushi places nowadays, they do use shredded Krab, not the whole pieces.  The Shrimp Tempura Roll is excellent!  It's my favorite.  Fried shrimp and avocado with a hint of wasabi, and some kind of soy sauce (I think).  The other rolls were good too.  And the service was quick.  I mean, there must have been a lull when we ordered, because our sushi came out fast.

We did get a young server, and I have to wonder if he was new.  Usually the server brings you plates for your sushi order, but we had to ask for them.  He seemed surprised that we wanted plates, and asked if everyone wanted one.  Other than that, it was really good.  So hopefully things are back to normal now, and this wasn't just a fluke.  Four stars.

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. eh Thanks for your blog about my restaurant. I do apologize for everyone bad experience with CA roll. We have been experimenting with different crab brand to find the best taste in crab meat.

    Im glad you enjoy shrimp tempura roll, its my favorite too. Check us out at www.mytokyo2001.com

    We added and changed many items in our menus.

    ReplyDelete