Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kobe Hibachi Grill & Sushi

My mom's in town, so we went out for dinner last night and wound up at Kobe.  It's in the little side strip mall by Target and Kohl's.  I really like it.  It's dark and has teppanyaki tables on one side and a sushi bar on the other.  In between are tables, and the ones against the wall have those built in "booth" style seats.

We both got their kind of box meal.  They have a lunch version and a dinner version.  For dinner, you get a salad with some kind of miso dressing, soup (miso), and then your order comes on a tray divided into compartments.  You get 2 or 3 choices of "entree" plus white rice, edamame, and gyoza (those crescent-shaped fried dumpling things).

I ordered the Shrimp Tempura Sushi and Chicken Teriyaki.  My mom had the same sushi, but Beef Teriyaki.  It was great!  Tender white meat chicken in a light, sweet teriyaki sauce.  The beef was the normal sliced beef you get in Asian restaurants.  One reason I love their teriyaki is because they don't overdo it.  It's not too salty and it's not too sweet either.  The sushi has the tempura shrimp, avocado, shredded fake crab, and some kind of sauce over it.  I think there's some panko crumbs on the outside too.  I prefer just the shrimp, but the other stuff is fine.  Overall, I'd give them 4 to 4-1/2 stars.  The ambiance is good, the service is good, the prices are good, and the food was great! 

Kobe Hibachi Grill & Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment