Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cracker Barrel

So, I was down in West Monroe, Louisiana for Thanksgiving, which was kind of a last minute affair, so we decided to eat out.  And we chose Cracker Barrel.  Remember, this is Thanksgiving Day, so it was PACKED.  We got there around 10:30 and I went in and stood in line to get our name on the list (party of 6).  The rest of our group showed up around 11:00 and we got in around 11:15.  I was fairly impressed.  By that time, the place was even more packed (if that's possible) and they seated a party of 15 just before us.

They had a special for Thanksgiving.  You got a drink, 2 slices of turkey (white meat) with gravy, dressing, vegetable, sweet potato casserole, 1 slice of ham, the usual biscuits or cornbread, and a piece of pie for dessert.  The pie was pumpkin, with a thick crumb/struesel layer on top.  It was fabulous!  The turkey was great, but there wasn't really enough gravy for the dressing.  Luckily I got the mashed potatoes and gravy as my veggie.  I like sweet potatoes, but the casserole just tasted funny to me.  The ham was good, but I was getting kind of full by then.  And, did I mention the best part?  That whole meal was only $8.99 per person!  You can even order ahead of time and get it to go if you want.  The service wasn't even that slow considering how packed they were, and everyone was friendly.  So 4 for 4-1/2 stars for Thanksgiving at Cracker Barrel!

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment