Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mimi's Cafe

We went up to Mimi's today.  It's next to Borders, at the Pinnacle Hills mall.  I've eaten at Mimi's several times, but I haven't been there in a few years; they're slipping a little.  My mom and I arrived early and had to wait for one of her friends to join us.  The service was really good for getting us a seat, and they even asked for the name of the person we were waiting for.  Our waitress came over not long after and we ordered drinks and then waited for our third person.

Once she arrived we ordered.  I had the Petite Filet with Asparagus and Balsamic Greens.  It took a while for our food to arrive, and when it did, it was okay.  The filet was cooked properly (medium), but it was a bit raggedy-looking.  I usually don't use steak sauce with good steaks, but I did with this one.  The balsamic greens were kind of a spring mix, but there wasn't any dressing.  The asparagus was grilled, and it was good, but there was a problem:  Mimi's has these large 3-tined forks, and the stalks were so small that they fit between the fork tines; I actually had to eat the asparagus with my fingers!

The last time I was here they brought out fresh bread and some of their scrumptious carrot cake after you placed your order.  You got to nosh on that at the beginning of the meal.  This time, there was nothing.  The service was a little slow, the food was a little slow, and the food was only okay.  A few years ago I would have given Mimi's 4-1/2 stars, but now, they're only about 3 to 3-1/2.

Mimi's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment