Monday, November 8, 2010

ReRico's Brazilian Grill

This restaurant is in Springfield, near Highway 65.  If you've never had Brazilian before, they bring around skewers of meat and cut pieces off at your table.  If I understood correctly, this one only does that for supper, not for lunch.  Also, this restaurant was a bit different from the other Brazilian restaurants I've been to.  They start with a soup, and you go to the salad bar, and they bring out yummy Brazilian bread balls (they looked kind of like cream puffs, but buttery on the inside).  They also gave us a complimentary California Roll, which was pretty generic, even for a California Roll.

After they try to fill you up on all of that, then the meat comes out.  Luckily, I paced myself properly - what can I say, I loved grilled meat!  The meat was great!  It was medium rare, which a few people in our group weren't too happy about, but in my mind, that's how good meat should be cooked.  And it was good quality meat.  There was teriyaki beef, sausage, horseradish crusted beef, parmesan crusted beef, BBQ pork loin (well done, of course), and a few others.  There was generic fried shrimp, that was way too lemony.  They also brought out samples of what they called Brazilian Meatloaf.  It was good too, although the sauce on it reminded me of the sauce on the California Roll.

Overall, they were okay.  Good meat, fairly good salad bar; I especially enjoyed the squid salad.  Delicious rolls.  I wasn't too fond of the Potato and Corn Chowder though.  The wait staff was good, and the meat servers were funny.  I even had the chocolate mousse for dessert (costs extra).  But for some reason, it comes across as a little generic.  Maybe because we were in the main section by the bar, and a large TV was on in the corner.  I really feel that televisions should be relegated to sports bars or wing joints.  But the food was good, so 3-1/2 stars.

ReRico Brazilian Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment