Thursday, October 28, 2010

Guido's Pizza

Guido's is one of my favorite pizza places of all time.  I've been eating at the Fayetteville location pretty regularly for about 5 years.  A few years ago they had some problems for a while, but they rebounded.  And now it looks like there's some kind of management change.  I read a review from over the summer saying there was a change in ownership, which explains why they are changing the name to Bariola's, starting November 1st.

The pizza is still really good!  We always drive through and pick up our order, we don't eat in, so I can't really speak for the decor.  In 2006 it looked like a 1970s pizza parlour, which I like.  The pizza has a flat, crackery crust, with a small edge.  We almost always get pepperoni, which is also my way of judging how good a pizza is (like ordering vanilla ice cream).  The pepperoni is good, and a little spicy, not bland.  The sauce is light, which I prefer, and the cheese is real mozzarella - "just enough cheese to hold everything together" according to Frank.  Overall, it's a very nice pizza.  Tasty, and a little spicy.  Four and a half stars.

Note: If you join on Facebook, they have coupons and deals. I'm not sure what will happen when they become Bariola's.

Guido's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment