Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eddie Haskell's Patio and Grill

Apparently I'm old, because my first thought was that the actor from Leave It to Beaver had started a restaurant.  When I tried to look the place up online, I ran across the Wikipedia article, which says that "Eddie Haskell" has entered the modern lexicon as "an archetype for insincere sycophants,"  although I have to wonder if anybody under the age of 40 really knows or even understands that.

Anyhoo, Eddie Haskell's is a bar and grill in Rogers, in the Pinnacle Hills area west of the interstate; it's kind of behind Cold Stone Creamery.  I was there for a BlogHer meeting, so Frank wasn't with me.  It's not bad.  Definitely a bar vibe, and it was a bit noisy.  It's divided up into several different areas, that are all open to each other: there's the main bar area, two side sections, another section around the Karaoke machine, and outside is a big patio section.  I got there around 7 pm, and shortly after they dimmed the lights.

The food selection was pretty good, because they have a full menu, not a bar menu, with everything from salads to burgers to steaks.  I ended up ordering the appetizer chicken tenders with fries.  And, of course, my ice tea.  The tea was brewed, with just a hint of bitterness.  The chicken tenders had a bit more breading than I like, but they tasted good and the chicken was moist.  The fries were seasoned, which are my favorite, even if these looked like they came out of the freezer.  They were good too.  The ladies at the table with me ordered chips and queso, and potato skins, which they said were really good, and they looked it.

It was Karaoke night, so at 8 pm the machine started up and a guy passed out song books.  At that point, moist of the noise was from music, instead of bar buzz, although no one was singing by the time I left.

Overall, I actually liked it.  I can't tell you how many years it's been since I was in a "bar;" I think the last one I was in had pool tables.  Of course, in those days they were still full of smoke, which I really hate.  The food was good, service was pretty good, and the ambiance wasn't bad either.  I'd say 3-1/2 out of 5 stars.

Eddie Haskells Patio & Grill on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I went there last October with a colleague for lunch. We sat there a good twenty minutes before getting any service whatsoever. We only got service when we went and got a waitress ourselves in an attempt to get something to eat before returning to our meeting. Our tea never came nor did we get any menus. Needless to say, we left and I won't be going back. There are too many places in NWA that have good food and good service to warrant giving EH our business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. Some places really are hit or miss when it comes to dining.

    Thanks for joining - I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete