Thursday, April 18, 2013

Twisters

This is an Albuquerque chain, and we always go to the one on Juan Tabo, near the interstate.  If you've never had a New Mexico breakfast burrito, then you've really never had a breakfast burrito.  Twisters offers a huge variety, with different meats and chiles.  My personal favorite is a relatively new creation, the El Nino breakfast burrito for kids.  Every time we visit Albuquerque, we buy a huge pile of breakfast burritos for our drive home (it's about 12-13 hours) and that's literally all we eat on our drive home.

So, the El Nino.  Supposedly this is a child-sized burrito, but it's much bigger than anything you get from your regular fast food places.  If I'm hungry, I can just eat 2 of them.  The ingredients are Carne Adovada and fried potatoes.  Carne Adovada is pork that is slow roasted/stewed in New Mexico red chile sauce.  Combine that with fried potatoes in a burrito and you have heaven!  I swear, Carne Adovada is addictive!  The last time we were in Albuquerque, I had El Ninos for 7 out of the 8 days we were there!  That's how good they are! 

The El Ninos cost about $2 each.  The regular breakfast burritos on the menu run more like $4.50 each.  Before you freak out about the price, remember, these are not the little skimpy fast food burritos you are used to.  These are real breakfast burritos that are designed to fill you up.  So you get plenty of food for your money.

I also like to get my green chile chicken chimichangas here too.  They are really big and very tasty!

I haven't eaten inside in years, usually we just go to the drive-through.  The service is generally fast and friendly.  And they now carry sweet tea too!  So I'm going to give them 4-1/2 stars.



Twisters on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment