Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ozark BBQ and Smokehouse

I couldn't find this one listed on UrbanSpoon, and I couldn't add it, because I'm not sure what city it's in.  If you take Hwy 71 past Bella Vista, this place is past the Missouri line.  It's at the red light, across from Macadoodle's, and next to the Jug Store. [Edit] It's now at the red light south of Macadoodle's, next to the gas station. 


This is a small place, and they start smoking early in the morning.  There are about 6 picnic tables inside and about the same amount outside, and a drive-thru.  When we went there I had the Small BBQ Chicken Sandwich with 1 side (Potato Salad) and that was like $4.25 or something.  Frank had the Large Pulled Pork Sandwich with 2 sides (Beans and Potato Salad).

Let me say, their BBQ is pretty good.  It's real smoked meat.  The chicken was all white meat and I had mild sauce which almost had a little heat to it.  The pork looked like it was pulled after we ordered, and the hot sauce had a little heat to it.  I was disappointed by the potato salad though.  It looked like it might be homemade, because it had a few big hunks of red potato here and there, but it was salty (like maybe they salted the potatoes when they boiled them).  Unfortunately, it was so salty that I couldn't eat it.  (I do have a strong ability to taste salt though, so most people may not notice it at all.)  The beans were pretty good though, and a little sweet.

Overall, I'll say 3-1/2 to 4 stars.  The sides were a bit generic, but the meat is really good.  Like I said, they start smoking early in the morning, and you can taste difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment