Wednesday, June 15, 2011

India Orchard

This restaurant is in Bentonville, in a fancy strip mall.  If you take Exit 85 West, it's in the big curve by the road to the airport.  I'm kind of ambivalent about this place.  Mom and I had lunch here, and it was $12 with a drink, which I find a little pricey for a lunch buffet, even in someplace like Houston.  But we were hopeful, because there were a lot of Indians eating there.

The buffet wasn't that big.  There were 2 sections of Indian food and one that had American stuff and fruits, etc.  There were 4 - 6 dishes in each section, and soup.  Our waitress brought out some naan for us.

Okay, the food.  I didn't like the Saag Paneer; it had kind of a sour taste to it.  Maybe it's the type of spinach or maybe it's the region of India this style comes from, but I didn't care for it.

I tried the Dal Tadka, which appears to be yellow lentils, and it just tasted blah to me.  I mean, no real taste to it at all.  I've had some very good yellow daal before so I know it can taste good.

I tried to get some Chicken Biriyani, but there wasn't much left so it was hard to judge.

The Chicken Curry, however, was fabulous!  According to their menu, it's a tomato and onion based curry, which may be why it was not a familiar brown color.  But it tasted excellent and I got a really good burn going in my mouth.  The chicken was hunks of white meat and the sauce was great!

Like I said, I'm a bit ambivalent about this place.  I loved the Chicken Curry and Naan, but the rest of it I wasn't that fond of.  And I thought the price was high for a lunch buffet.  Now, they do have an extensive menu, so I would suggest ordering off the menu instead of getting the buffet.  I'll say 3-1/2 stars.

India Orchard on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment