Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hook Line & BBQ

Another Bella Vista restaurant, of the BBQ variety.  It's not bad.  You walk in, past the food prep area with its tin "paneling" and order at the cash register, and then go sit in the restaurant section.  They have BBQ and Catfish, which I haven't tried yet.  We got ours to go.

I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cole Slaw and Frank had the Pulled Pork Platter with Brown Beans and Potato Salad.  And of course I got an ice tea to go.  The tea was fine.  The pulled pork was actually good.  Not great, but perfectly decent BBQ with a good sauce.  The cole slaw was a bit sweet, but it grew on me more and more as I ate it.  The potato salad was mayonnaise-based, and a bit bland.  The beans were really good.  They seemed to be mostly pinto beans with some red beans thrown in and they tasted great.

Overall, 3-1/2 stars.  Like I said, not great, but perfectly decent BBQ and I would eat there again.

Hook Line & BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment