Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dairy Queen

This is the Dairy Queen in Bella Vista.  We were passing through and stopped by a few times on our journeys back and forth.  This is one of the only drive-thrus in Bella Vista.

Chicken Strip Basket
I remembered them from my youth and thought, why not?  The basket comes with 4 chicken strips (tenders), french fries, Texas toast, and warm white gravy (country gravy) for dipping the strips.  It was good.  I mean, yeah, it's a bit generic, but it is fast food.  The gravy was peppery and warm and went well with the strips.  And I'm a sucker for Texas Toast!

Cheeseburger
I got it the way it comes, with the cheese melted and ketchup and pickles and lettuce.  And I think it had onions.  The fries are okay, nothing special.  But the burger is flame-cooked!  You can taste the smoke.  I remember when Burger King had "flame-broiled" burgers, but I haven't seen those ads in a while.  Is DQ the home of the flame now?

Overall, it's fast food, but it's edible fast food:  3 to 3-1/2 stars.

Dairy Queen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment