Monday, September 3, 2012

Zary's Acropolis

I love gyros and hummus (although I prefer Lebanese) so I've really been wanting to try this place.  I went with my mom and my cousin, right in the middle of lunch, on a weekday.  The place has booths around the outside, with tables on the inside, and it was seat yourself.  There was also a bar at the back.  It was a little warm inside.  It wasn't full or anything, but the server was not that friendly.

We ordered 3 chicken gyros, ice tea, and hummus.  The tea was a little bitter.



The hummus was a bit bland, by our standards.  My mom said in her experience the Greek hummus is blander than the Lebanese hummus.  We added lots of lemon juice to it.  The pita bread was warm and a bit thick - it was good.

The gyro came with french fries, which were fine.  The gyro had chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, and sauce on it.  It was okay, but nothing special.



Overall, if you're looking for Mediterranean food, I would eat here.  But I did find it a bit generic.  3-1/2 stars.


Zary's Acropolis on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment