Sunday, October 30, 2011

Verde Limon

We went here a few weeks ago, right after they opened, and in the middle of the lunch rush on a Saturday.  Everything is green!  They have booths and tables with green plastic chairs.  There's a small bar, but it looks like it's mainly for mixing drinks, not for sitting at.


The salsa was fresh tasting and the chips were good too.  The salsa didn't taste hot at first, but then it built up to a nice burn.




We both ordered the Chicken Chimichanga, which is one of my favorites.  And of course I had ice tea.  The ice tea was pretty good, not bitter or anything.  But the chimichanga was a bit disappointing.  The chicken inside was white meat, and cut into pieces, and it was rather dry.  There was no sauce or anything inside the chimichanga.  I thought the guacamole side was good, but Frank only thought it was okay.  The rice and beans were kind of generic.


Overall, it was alright.  As I said, this was a Saturday lunch, soon after they opened for business.  So I can make allowances for not getting a tea refill, or not getting the bill until we were standing in line at the cash register.  It was also very noisy.  They had some kind of Mexican music playing in the background, and I could barely hear it over the noise of people talking.  So my final review is 3-1/2 stars.  Frank seemed think their food was more California-Mexican than straight Mexican, so that my have something to do with it too.

Verde Limon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment