Thursday, March 29, 2012

Red Top Bar & Grill

Tallulah, LA

After a long day of genealogy, I stopped by with mom and her sister.  Unfortunately, I was so hungry that I forgot to take photos.  The Red Top has wood paneling, a bar, and a fireplace.  The floor is cement, and there are booths and tables.  There's old tools on the wall as decoration.  They use those little individual wine bottles if you order a glass.

I ordered the shrimp salad, grilled, with honey mustard.  They were 6 large shrimp on my salad, and I mean actual Louisiana large shrimp, not the ones you see in the super market that are bite size.  The lettuce was ice berg and romaine, and there were tons of tomato wedges on it.  They also brought me 4 of those little plastic tubs of salad dressing!

Mom had the cheeseburger.  She said it was okay, but the texture was too fine.  It tasted more like a pre-made patty, not a home-made patty.

My aunt had already eaten, so she had the fried asparagus, which turned out to have a dipping sauce of crawfish bisque.  She said the asparagus were lightly breaded, and crispy not soggy.  And really good!  I guess they must have been because she wouldn't share!  I've never had fried asparagus, but now I really want to try it!

Overall, not bad.  My salad was good, asparagus great, cheeseburger okay.  3.5 stars.

Red Top Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment