Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

My mom was in town and we were running around Promenade mall, so we decided to try Five Guys.  She'd been to one before, so she explained to me that I probably wanted the Little Cheeseburger, not the regular Cheeseburger, because that has one meat patty instead of two.  We both got cheeseburgers, and they do have some good options.  I got mine with fried onions and fried mushrooms.  We decided to split an order of french fries, because they're big, so we ordered the Cajun Fries. 


Cheeseburger


Cajun Fries

We were there right after the place opened, so it took a few minutes for our order to get going.  The cheeseburger was good, with lots of toppings.  And the fries were fresh and good.  I didn't like the tea though.  They use Gold Peak tea in that separate machine, and you push one button for sweet, the other for unsweet.  I had unsweet and it tasted like your typical fountain tea, which means it sucked.

Overall, it was alright.  The burger was good, but it was nothing special.  Ditto for the fries.  My mom was upset because the music was too loud (it was) and it was tuned to a Spanish station playing pop music.  The place wasn't bad and I would eat there again, but I wasn't impressed.  3.5 stars.

[When I say I wasn't impressed, I should probably explain that to me, most fast food burgers taste like crap.  I generally don't eat them at all.  I'm guessing it's because of the pink slime.  I would eat Five Guys again.]


Five Guys Burgers And Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment