Sunday, March 13, 2011

Garden Bistro

The Garden Bistro is a small restaurant in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  They try to use local produce and cook everything from scratch.  The section we were in had 8 tables, and there's an outside dining area too.  The music was good but just a bit loud for us.

Appetizers run about $5.95, sandwiches $8-$11 and entrees more around $12.95.

I had the Chicken and Vegetable Stromboli (looked like a calzone to me).  It was really good!  There were mushrooms, jalapenos, feta, cooked tomatoes and fresh tomatoes inside it.  In fact, I couldn't eat the whole thing.  Of course, I ate most of the honey-oat-wheat bread in a pot.  That was excellent!



Frank had the 1/2 Club Sandwich with Potato-Cheddar-Bacon Soup.  The Club has turkey, bacon, provolone, avocado, tomato, fresh greens, cucumber, sprouts, and an avocado-dill ranch sauce.  Frank liked the club and said the soup was okay.  I tried his potato salad and it was a bit pickley.

Overall, I liked them.  Especially the bread!  Frank thought they seemed slightly pretentious, but I didn't get that.  But they are one of those places with food like strawberry-lavender soup.  I'd say 3-1/2 to 4 stars.  They do take plastic (not everywhere in Eureka does).

Garden Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment