Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Zaxby's

I'd never heard of Zaxby's until they showed up on 6th Street (MLK) a few years ago. Their commercials looked interesting, and since I try not to eat regular fast food, I thought I'd give them a shot.

I went by after the lunch rush, so there was no one in the drive-thru. The person on the intercom was friendly, as was the person at the window. And they were fast. I guess fresh chicken tenders is their thing, so I got a House Salad with Fried Tenders.

The salad was really good. It was real lettuce, not iceberg. There were tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, and what I'd swear was cornflakes, on it. The tomatoes were a bit hit or miss. Some of them were a bit tasteless, while some were flavorful. Considering how hard it is to find good tomatoes, especially at a fast food place, I thought the tomatoes were good. As for the cucumbers, when was the last time you saw tasty cucumbers on a fast food salad? The cheese was cheese, and if I remember correctly, there were 2 types (orange and white). And yes, every now and then I ate something like a corn flake. It's never occurred to me to put cornflakes on a salad, but now I may do that at home sometimes.

Overall, the salad was really good. The tenders were hot and fresh - trust me, you can't reheat a tender and get it to taste like fresh. The only negative was the salad dressing. It tasted fine, and there were 2 packs of it, which I really liked. But one of the main ingredients was High Fructose Corn Syrup. Since everyone else uses it, I guess I can't really complain too much. I'll save that rant for a different posting ;) The fast food salads I've eaten over the last few years have gotten pretty bad, so I'll have to give Zaxby's 4 stars for theirs.

Zaxby's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment